Anno accademico: 2019–2020
Corso: Lingua e civiltà – lingua inglese
Insegnamento: Lingua inglese livello 1 (LI1) BL
Docente: Parasathai Naidoo Vasie (email@example.com)
Students will be provided with language training and development skills at B1 Low B2 level concentrating on the 4 basic areas: reading, speaking , listening and comprehension. They will become more fluent and be able to speak more spontaneously with English speaking people. This course progresses to using more challenging words and sentence structure. They should be able to understand and speak about familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure, everyday life, travelling, answering the telephone, giving opinions, asking for directions , giving information, talking about themselves shopping etc. Students will participate in debates, interactive discussions and of course without neglecting the written aspects such as essays, emails, reviews and reports. Aspects of pronunciation which cause major difficulties for Italian speakers will be analyzed and students will learn helpful fluency-strategies.
- By the end of the module students will be able to
– Understand topical matters and explain opinions, advantages and disadvantages of a situation
– Speak on variety of topics using appropriate and accurate language
– Describe experiences and events giving adequate details
– Interact with native speakers on most areas of general topics
– Read and understand routine information and articles dealing with topical events with ability to comprehend , discuss , answer questions and evaluate.
– Listen and answer questions correctly
– Produce written work on a range of different topics such as letters, emails, essays etc.
Students will be assessed throughout the course on both their class work and homework. At the end of the second semester there will be a final assessment consisting of a written exam where students will be tested on the use of English, reading, writing and listening skills and will be required to give a short oral presentation on a topic of their choice followed by questions. The final mark will be weighted 50% continuous assessment and 50% final exam (2 hours listening included)
Oxenden, Clive, Christina Latham–Koenig e Jerry Lambert. ENGLISH FILE DIGITAL GOLD STUDENTS BOOK, WORKBOOK AND EBOOK B1/B1+ FOURTH EDITION. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2018.