Anno accademico: 2019–2020
Corso: Lingua e civiltà – lingua inglese
Insegnamento: Avviamento alla mediazione orale inglese (AMOI) S
Docente: Kathleen Marie Hughes (email@example.com)
The course will provide students with language training and development with a particular focus on speaking and listening skills. Authentic and semi-authentic texts, video clips, and listening exercises on a range of issues pertaining to general culture will be used to improve comprehension and broaden vocabulary. Students will be encouraged to listen for gist, paraphrase, and summarise. Written texts will also be used to introduce students to elements of sight translation. Controlled oral practice will develop students’ public-speaking abilities, focusing especially on coherence and delivery. Shadowing exercises will also be used for fluency and memory training.
By the end of the module students will be able to:
- identify and reformulate key ideas in a range of spoken materials
- identify and reformulate key ideas in a range of written texts
- maintain a coherent flow of speech for a short period
- organise ideas effectively and present them using cohesive devices
- speak on a variety of topics using appropriate register and accurate language
Students will be assessed throughout the course (50%). There will also be a final assessment consisting of a short text to be summarised and reformulated orally (50%).
All classroom materials will be provided by the course tutor.